Lake Nona / Medical City Real Estate
Living in Lake Nona
Lake Nona is an Orlando that is quickly developing into a thriving city of its own. It is one of the top five fastest growing cities in the nation. Lake Nona is known as a lifestyle area with a great focus on healthy. There are a variety of ways to get out and enjoy walking, swimming, running, and more. Within Lake Nona is the Medical City, home to many hospitals, schools, shops, and restaurants. Learn more about life in Lake Nona.
The Lake Nona Medical City includes the following:
- UF Research Facility
- Sanford-Burnham Institute for Medical Research: The first East coast facility for one of the leading scientific research institutions in the nation
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine & Health Sciences Campus: developing more physicians in our community
- M.D. Anderson Orlando Cancer Research Institute: On the 5th floor of Burnett Biomedical Sciences Building
- Orlando VA Medical Center: A state of the art medical complex to include a hospital, nursing home, domiciliary, outpatient clinic, and a veteran’s benefit office. Orlando VA Medical Center serves Central Florida’s 400,000 veterans.
- Nemour’s Children’s Hospital & Research Clinic: A planned pediatric healthcare campus focusing specifically on child research
Lake Nona Town Center
The “Lake Nona Town Center” will be located in the heart of Lake Nona Medical City along Lake Nona Boulevard and will consist of more than 1 million square feet of upscale open-air shopping, featuring department stores, large scale retail and trendy fashion boutiques, as well as numerous dining and entertainment options.
All this upscale development will surely have a profound effect on the area. The Medical City will attract top professionals to the area. This will increase demand for housing, retail, restaurant and services. City planners and developers are to be commended for their smart planning…this will benefit the residents of the lovely Lake Nona and Saint Cloud area.
Nona Park will open this fall with 22,000 square feet of specialty retail space. Nona Park will be located on the southwest quadrant of Narcoossee Rd. and the future Alafaya Trail Extension. Nona Park’s location will offer easy access to major highways including the 528 (Beachline) and the 417 (Greenway). Nona Park will be located within the Lake Nona area in Southeast Orlando just 5 minutes from Orlando International Airport. Future plans for the development include upscale dining, hotel, office, industrial and government/civic space.
Lake Nona Golf & Country Club, Isleworth Country Club, Heathrow Country Club, Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes, and Interlachen Country Club are among some of the finest Private Golf Clubs in the Orlando area. Eagle Creek, North Shore, Celebration, Orange County National, Harmony and Oaks National Golf Club are some of the many wonderful public golf courses in the area.
Beautiful New Park Area
Plans are underway to develop a beautiful new park area adjacent to the cutting-edge Lake Nona High School campus. Plans include equestrian facilities, a water park, aquatic center, hiking trails, ball parks and waterways for canoeing.
A large state park on Lake Hart located at the end of Moss Park Road, offering incredible camping (under a breathtaking canopy of oaks), lake access, swimming, beach, playgrounds, and picnic pavilions.
Lake Nona Real Estate
“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION- IT’S EVERYTHING!” – Lake Nona is a beautiful place to call home and, right within the city of Orlando, is in an ideal location.
- Avalon Park / Waterford Lakes
- Oviedo / Chuluota / Geneva / Wedgefield
- Baldwin Park / College Park
- Windermere / Bay Hill / Dr. Phillips / Gotha
- Celebration / Harmony / Kissimmee / St. Cloud
- Winter Garden / Apopka / Ocoee
- Clermont / Davenport / Groveland
- Winter Park / Maitland
- Debary / Deland
- Gated Communities
- Indian Harbour Beach / Satellite Beach
- Golf Communities
- Indialantic / Melbourne Beach
- Lakefront Communities
- Lake Mary / Heathrow / Longwood / Sanford
- New Construction Homes
- Lake Nona / Medical City
- No/Minimum HOA Communities
- Private Country Club Communities